Cover

Forbidden Love

                                                                  Chapter 1

 

Forbidden Love

 

 

As morning came shining through the window, the sun was bright and warm, it was finally Spring. As Celeste breathed in the fresh, clean air she sat up and stretched in bed. It was a long, hard winter; so this warmth was a welcoming sign of better days. Celeste found it enjoyable to be able to sleep naked once again. No clothes to make her feel bound up during the night.

Her cat, Chelsea climbed up on her lap, and began purring softly.

“ Good morning, Chelsea,” Celeste said, as she stroked the cat's fur. Her beautiful cat was always there for her, to give her comfort when things went bad. Chelsea had lived with Celeste for a long time, she fell in love with her right away. Chelsea, was a beautiful pure black cat, and resembled a black panther, only smaller. She hoped that Chelsea would live a long time with her too.

As Celeste sat on her bed, her mind began to wander. She began to think about what Spring would bring this year. Hopefully, something new, a way to wash away all the bad past. Maybe she would find someone nice to share her life with. Someone who would treat her right, and not make her feel worthless or that she didn't even exist.

Finally, deciding to get up, she put Chelsea down on the floor. She then looked around her tiny bedroom, nothing fancy, but it was cozy. As Celeste walked out of the bedroom she headed for the front door, to open it and let some fresh air in. Celeste was not worried about anyone coming up to her place, so she hadn't bothered putting her robe on to cover the fact she was naked.

Walking into the kitchen she went to the cupboard to get the cat's food out. She filled Chelsea's bowl, and said,“ Here you go, Chelsea!” while setting it down on the floor. The cat, greedily ate the food in her bowl. Standing there she watched the cat gobble the food, then begin to lick her paws. Celeste smiled at Chelsea, then went to prepare her own breakfast of bacon, eggs and juice.

 

While her bacon was cooking; Celeste stood there, thinking 'I better put something over me, in case the grease pops out of the pan.' She quickly went to the bedroom to get her robe, and put it on. Then went back to the kitchen to open the orange juice, and poured herself a glass. She took a small sip, and smiled, the taste was delicious. Celeste thought, there was nothing better than fresh juice in the morning.

 

 

When the bacon was done, Celeste placed the pieces on a paper towel to drain. Then took the same pan tobegin cooking her eggs . After they were done, she put them on a plate, and sat down to enjoy her meal. Celeste was so hungry, she ate her meal happily. Looking around; she felt at home in her tiny cottage, this was a new feeling for her. She always felt out of place whereever she lived. However, from the minute she moved here, Celeste just knew- this was home !

 

Looking out, she could hear birds chirping in the trees. There was a familiar sound as they chirped, it was like they also knew Spring was here. Celeste smiled as they were singing, then drank the rest of her juice. It was going to be a lovely Spring day, and she could get some gardening done. Celeste began to make a list of supplies she would need. She scribbled her list on the paper in front of her.

 

Things to buy:

 

plants for gardens

fertilizer for plants

wood borders for the flower beds

Groceries, cat food

Beer/ white wine

 

 

Celeste got up when she was done, put her dishes in the sink, then went to get dressed. As she walked in her bedroom, Chelsea was curled up on her bed sleeping.

 

Celeste smiled, and said,” You're the only one that's been faithful to me!”

 

Just then Celeste let her mind drift back in time. The time when she was involved with Tim! Up until meeting him she was happy being single, just occasionally dating. It wasn't until Tim came along that she felt she could get serious again. After her terrible divorce, she didn't want to get serious with any man.

 

Though Tim was different; everything a woman could want, he seemed like the perfect man. Kind, loving, humorous, and so good looking. They dated for over a year, just getting to know one another. Then he moved to another city for his job. It was going to be a big change for her, and she was willing to live with this man. Things seemed to be going just how she wanted them, and she was happy.

 

 

But something nagged at her............ for things were going too perfectly.

 

None of her past relationships ever went the way she had hoped, something always went wrong. Celeste hoped this time with Tim everything would work out.

 

Not long after he was gone, Celeste asked if he wanted her to move in with him- he said, 'yes'. That's when he told her, there were a few loose ends he had to work on first. Celeste had known of his two children, that he wanted to gain custody. That was fine with her, and she was eager to meet them. Celeste also hoped they could all get along.

 

It was the other thing; he said, that got to her...... when he dropped the bombshell!

 

He told her he still needed to get a divorce!

 

Celeste got that ache in her heart. Celeste then began to wonder if she really ever knew Tim at all. He swore he told her he was still married, but that was something she would have remembered. If he had only been honest in the beginning, maybe she would have let it pass. A relationship should be built on trust, and he chose not to be honest with her. She told Tim goodbye, and to never call her again. He didn't fight with her, he just said goodbye.

 

After that Celeste decided to lock up her heart, and throw away the key. The pain was just to much to bear. The last thing she ever wanted was to get involved with a married man. She was just happy they never had sexual relations, she had been saving that for their wedding day. The one that never came about.

 

So now she lived with her beautiful black cat, Chelsea. Celeste could always count on Chelsea, to be comforting, and keep her company. Her cat would never break her heart. Celeste bent down, stroking the cat's fur, and said, “I love you, Chelsea.” She stood there petting her cat for a few moments longer.

 

Then Celeste went to get dressed, and get her bag ready. Then she walked to the table, grabbed the list, and stuffed it into her bag. As she was heading out the door, Celeste said out loud, “ Men are such a pain sometimes!” Just as she closed the door, Chelsea jumped up into the window- sill to sun herself. Celeste smiled, and began strolling down the street. Celeste looked up and thought what a beautiful day it is. She could see children out playing, and a few fathers tending to there yards already.

 

“Oh what a glorious Spring day,” Celeste said happily.

 

As Celeste neared the town plaza, she could see some people, the town was busy with life. She was just going by the Barbershop and George, the owner was sitting outside relaxing, waiting for a customer.

 

Celeste stopped, and said, “ Good morning, George. Lovely day isn't it!”

 

George replied, “That it is, Miss Celeste. Going to start your garden today?”

 

“ Yes George it's my day off, so I thought I would get some planting done.” Celeste said.

 

“ Well you have a fine time, just don't tire yourself out, Miss Celeste,” George remarked.

 

“Oh, I wont George, see you later, and have a nice day,” Celeste said as she walked away.

 

George was an older gentleman, who was always polite to everyone. He was probably the oldest member of the community being 84 years old.

 

After leaving George, she headed toward the store to begin her shopping. She grabbed one of the shopping carts, set her bag in it, then began pushing it. Celeste went down an aisle to find the flower bulbs, to see what kind they had. She picked up some Iris bulbs of various colors, then some Daffodils.

 

As she rounded the next aisle, she saw 'this guy'; he was someone she had never seen before.

 

She thought to herself, ' maybe he is just passing through town'.

 

Celeste went on getting the rest of the items on her list. When she had gotten everything; she headed to the checkout counter.

 

Marianne, the cashier was a happy young mother, that worked part time.

 

As Celeste walked up, she said, “ Hi Marianne, how are you? How's little Sarah doing?”

 

Marianne replied, “ Fine, Celeste. She is growing like a weed. Maybe you will have a child someday.”

 

“Oh me........ I don't think so. I am not having to much luck in finding a decent guy. For now its just me, and Chelsea, I am happy to have her around,” Celeste replied happily.

 

As Marianne finished ringing up Celeste groceries, and other items, she hummed merrily.

 

“Oh Marianne, could the store deliver my groceries, and the other items?” Celeste asked.

Marianne shook her head, and said, “ Sure Celeste, no problem, they will be there within the hour.”

Celeste thanked Marianne then left the store.

 

As she walked out Celeste decided to get a cold drink before heading home. She went to the Sugar Hill Café , and ordered an ice tea. She had some time to kill, before needing to be home. As she sat enjoying her tea, Celeste looked up, and she saw this guy walk in. He went to the counter, and placed a box on the table.

 

“ Hmmmm,” she thought to herself. Then whispered, “so that's who he is, the store's delivery man.......nice.”

 

Celeste wondered why she never noticed him before today? And he was going to come to her house with the delivery!

 

'Oh, wow,' Celeste thought. He was a fine looking man! 'Who is this mysterious man?' she began to wonder.

 

Then, Celeste remembered, she wasn't going to get involved with a man. At least without learning more about him first.

 

With her tea gone, Celeste decided to head home. It would be time to prepare lunch and eat, and clean the kitchen. These things would keep her busy while she waited.

 

Celeste smiled and all she thought about was that cute delivery guy. Soon she would see him at her house! She got goosebumps just thinking about him, too.

 

 

After about an hour, there was a knock on the door. Celeste walked over, and asked, “ Who is it?”

She still hadn't gotten used to not being so cautious, it was an old habit she had developed after her divorce. Her ex was always sending his friends around to bother her, so she always asked who was at the door.

 

She heard the person say, “ Delivery for Miss Celeste Marsh.”

 

Upon opening the door she stood staring at him, he was so fine! All she could think about was how muscular he was, he was making her blood boil. She hadn't felt this way about any man in a long time.

 

It got her out of her daze, when he said, “ Miss Marsh, I am here with your delivery, here are your groceries; where would you want these plants placed?”

 

He handed her a box of food, and a clipboard in his hands.

 

He said, “Please sign the clipboard, and I will unload the other items Miss.”

 

She said, “ okay” as she took the box, he turned and went to his truck. Celeste stood there watching him walk away, and got shivers up her spine. Celeste had forgotten all about the pact she made with her heart, she wanted to get to know this guy.

 

Celeste watched him unload the plants, just then he looked up and she was embarrassed that he found her watching. Celeste turned quickly and walked into her kitchen with the box. Her cheeks were so red, and she said to herself, “ Damn it!”

 

She started putting her groceries away, and remembered that the name tag on his shirt said 'Roy.' She whispered to herself ' damn he is one fine looking guy'.

 

Celeste hadn't noticed he walked back to her door, until she heard him speak,

“ Excuse me, Miss Marsh, where do you want these items placed?”

 

She turned, and replied, “ Oh, just set them next to the porch, Roy.”

 

He replied, laughing, “ It's John, Johnnie, Miss. This isn't my shirt....... well, it's my shirt- it just has the wrong name on it.” Johnnie turned to walk back to his truck and start unloading. Celeste stood watching him for a few minutes, she saw his long lean body pick up the items with ease. She caught her breath as she watched him, 'oh he is so fine', she thought. As he began to turn around, she quickly went to clean the kitchen.

 

Celeste stood in front of the sink, and began thinking to herself,' no, no, no, I will not fall for another guy. Not without finding out more about him first.' She was not going to go through another episode like she did with Tim. Thinking about him still hurt, but she was more angry at the deception from him.

 

Just then she heard “ Excuse me, Miss I'm done.”

 

As Celeste turned, she felt this lump in her throat, but managed to say, “ Thank You, Johnnie!”

 

Johnnie looked at Celeste, then said, “ Your Welcome Miss Marsh. Have a nice day planting. I got other deliveries to tend to, bye.”

 

“Bye,” Celeste said as she watched him walk back to his truck. Celeste thought to herself, ' he sure seems like a nice guy.' It wasn't until Chelsea rubbed her leg that she snapped out of the daze she was in. Celeste smiled and bent down to pick up Chelsea. She began saying,” I know Chelsea I don't need anyone, I have you!” as she hugged her. She took Chelsea with her to the bedroom, and set her on her bed. She change into her gardening clothes, and hat then went to the pantry to get her tools.

 

She heard Chelsea meowing, as she headed for the door to go outside. “ I will feed you when I get done with some of my planting,” Celeste said. She spent a few hours outside planting the flowers, but her mind seemed to wander back to that guy Johnnie. And the more Celeste thought about him she knew he was someone she wanted to get to know.

 

Then as it was getting dark, she decided it was time to quit. As Celeste went in she heard Chelsea meowing, and suddenly she remembered that she hadn't fed her yet. She went to the kitchen refilled the cat's bowl, and went to get cleaned up. Then she went to prepare and eat dinner, then go to bed.

 

Weeks went by before Celeste saw Johnnie again. While having lunch in the Café, she looked up from her plate, and he walked by Celeste smiled. She could feel something stirring inside her. No matter how hard she tried to push them away she kept telling herself- they must get to know each other first. But the more she thought of Johnnie the more she smiled.

 

Celeste decided that the next time she saw Johnnie she would ask him if he would like to have a cup of coffee with her. As she was leaving the Café he was walking out of the store, so she bravely walked up to him and asked. He said yes, he would love to have a coffee with her. So they planned to have coffee in the next few days.

 

Celeste was nervous and excited about being with Johnnie. She wanted to learn as much as she could about him, at least before anything else went on. She was eager to learn what she could about him!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 2

 

                                                            Something Is Wrong

 

 

Celeste took every opportunity to see Johnnie. She even took to ordering things from the store, just so he would deliver them to her house. Seeing him was proving far more difficult that she expected. Even though he was always happy to see Celeste, he seemed cautious. Although they were not doing anything, just talking.

 

One day while she was shopping, she stopped to say hello. He seemed distracted, and kept looking around.

 

Celeste finally asked, “ Johnnie, what's wrong?”

 

Johnnie looked at her, then whispered, “My wife is in here shopping.”

 

Celeste got a shocked look on her face.

 

“ Oh, you're married?” she said stunned.

 

“Yeah, sorry Celeste I was going to tell you,” Johnnie said apologetically.

 

Celeste quickly said, “ I've got to go!” She turned and hurriedly walked away, as Johnnie got a sad look on his face.

 

She couldn't believe it happened again, she left the store shocked. Celeste hurriedly walked home. As she walked in the door she saw the message button on her phone blinking.

 

Celeste knew it was from Johnnie.......... she was afraid to listen to it. But she walked over, pausing.... to take a deep breath. She closed her eyes and pushed the button.......

 

 

 

She heard his voice as it played, “ Celeste....... Celeste... don't be mad, please don't hate me......... I am beginning to.... to like you. I am going to work late, but before I go home I have to see you. I will be by around 10, please let me talk to you........ Please!”

 

Celeste sat on the couch stunned. It didn't matter that he was married, she was falling in love with him. Celeste looked forward to seeing him, to let him know nothing had changed between them.

 

Her mind was swimming with thoughts of being with Johnnie. She knew tonight would be the night they would take it to the next level. Celeste couldn't wait for him to come over. But it would be hours that she would have to wait. So she made some dinner, then cleaned up the kitchen.

 

Celeste wanted things to work out between them. She decided to put out some candles making it romantic. She got the candles, and set them out in various places. Then went to take a shower and get ready for Johnnie's arrival. She found a sexy red negligee to wear, in hopes that he would like it.

 

She left the bathroom light on, then went to light some of the candles. Not long after she sat down on the couch she saw the headlights of Johnnie's truck. Her heart began to beat faster at the thought of seeing him. She heard a quiet knock on the door, and went to open it. Johnnie looked at her, and began to smile.

 

He stepped in and said, “ Oh Celeste, I'm so sorry about this afternoon. I thought for sure you were mad at me. But now.......... now I see you are the opposite. You look beautiful, I love you so much.” He took Celeste in his arms, then passionately kissed her.

 

“Johnnie- I am falling in love with you too... and I don't care that you're married,” Celeste said as she looked into his eyes. She continued,“I don't want to think about that right now, I just want to feel your arms around me. Show me you love me, Johnnie make love with me.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                                                       Chapter 3

 

                                                   One Romantic Night

 

 

 

After hearing her plea, he knew this was the night, and there was no turning back once it began. Johnnie began kissing Celeste, and moving his hands slowly up and down her body. As he kissed her, she sighed, as they moved toward the couch. She stopped him, and while looking up at his eyes, said “ no, Johnnie.... my room....”

 

She led him down the hall to her room, where he delicately laid her on the bed, and slowly bent down to kiss her lips. She moaned as his mouth began moving down her neck, and down between her breasts. He looked up at her while his hands caressed her, then began kissing her soft supple nipples. They instantly became hard at his touch, Johnnie whispered, “ Celeste, my love, Celeste.”

 

Celeste leaned her head back, moaning again. “ ohhhhhhhh!” She was taken into a different world as Johnnie explored her body. Celeste had longed for someone to treat her so lovingly. As he moved back up to kiss her, she blurted out, “ Oh Johnnie, I love you!”

 

She watched as he began to slowly undress, then climbed on top of her. He knew she was ready for him to enter her, yet he would to take his time. He wanted this magical moment to last as long as he could. Celeste was so sexually stimulated, unlike she had ever been before. She too didn't want this night to end, even though she knew it would. But she didn't want to think about that right now, her mind was on how Johnnie was making her body feel.

 

She had yearned to feel this, feel Johnnie holding her. Even though he didn't have a lot of time, what they did share was wonderful. He not only brought her to a new sexual high, he made her feel more like a woman. He laid there holding her tight once they were done, he could hear her crying.

 

Johnnie pulled her real close, and whispered, “ Don't cry Celeste, I'll try and come over in a few days to be with you again.”

 

“I know Johnnie,” Celeste said as she began crying more.

 

He held her tighter for a few minutes, then said,” Right now I need to get home, I don't need to raise any suspicions, Celeste.”

 

 

 

Johnnie got up, after dressing quickly,he leaned down to kiss Celeste good-bye. He then said, “ I'll let myself out, just stay in bed Celeste- I'll lock the door when I go,” as he wiped the tears off her face. He too hated to leave her, she felt so good in his arms. But he had to get back home to his other woman.

 

Celeste laid there watching Johnnie walk quietly out, tears ran down her face. But she was happy at the same time, even though he was a married man. Celeste knew he was in love with her, and she was definitely in love with him! She would be happy to see Johnnie whenever they could be together. Maybe he would eventually leave his wife, and come be with her...... she hoped!

 

She laid there thinking nothing could be better that this. She found someone she loved- even though it was a forbidden love. Her last words before drifting off was, “ I love you, Johnnie!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                                                            Chapter 4

 

                                                         A Dream or Not?

 

 

 

When morning came Celeste tried to remember all that went on last night. 'Was it real or just a dream?' How it felt being in Johnnie's arms and being kissed by him. To her it seemed unreal, like none of it ever happened. As Celeste laid there staring at the ceiling she began wondering. Just then Chelsea jumped up on the bed and softly purred as she brushed her face on Celeste's.

 

Celeste sat up in bed, and began petting her cat. “ Oh Chelsea, I had the best time last night,” Celeste blurted out. Chelsea just purred more. Celeste continued, “ I never thought things would be this good, he's........ he's wonderful! Oh what am I thinking you can't really understand me. Let's go get something to eat, I'm famished!” Celeste exclaimed, as she hugged Chelsea.

 

After setting Chelsea down, she grabbed her robe, wrapped it around happily hugging her body. Celeste walked to the kitchen, started a pot of coffee then went to feed Chelsea. She decided to let some fresh air in, so she opened the front door. Celeste saw a small bouquet of flowers on the doorstep. She bent down to pick them up and noticed a note attached. She looked at the note, and began reading it.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sweet Celeste,

 

I hope you like the wild flowers, it was a last minute thought! I had the best time last night, and you made me so happy. I have to work late on Friday, so I can stop by and see you, I want to see you again!. I love you and have a great day.

 

love you,

Johnnie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Celeste smiled as she looked at the flowers, she walked back into the kitchen and began humming. She noticed Chelsea had finished eating and was giving herself a bath. So Celeste got a vase down and filled it with water, then put the flowers in it. She looked at them again, and smiled she was so happy. Then went to prepare her own breakfast, and get a cup of coffee. As she sat eating, she wished she didn't have to work, then thought ' I hope I don't seem too happy at work, someone might notice I'm different.'

 

“ Oh well, if they say anything, I will just say I'm happy!” Celeste said happily.

 

She went to get ready for work, and hummed all the time. She was so happy nothing could get her down. And her day flew by as she strutted around her job. Many of her co-workers gave her funny looks, but never asked why. Soon it was time to go home, so she straightened her desk up, then left. She wanted to see Johnnie so she stopped by the store, so hoping he would be there. As she strolled the aisles getting her groceries, she looked around but didn't see him. After getting everything she went to checkout. She was afraid to ask about him, so she just left the store with her groceries.

 

When she arrived home, there was a package on her doorstep. She couldn't imagine who it was from, since she hadn't ordered anything. Celeste opened the door quickly and set her groceries down on the table. Then turned to retrieve the box off the doorstep. It made her excited and nervous at the same time. She opened the box, and noticed some tissue paper. Slowly pulling it back, she exclaimed, “ Oh my God!”

 

 

 

 

Celeste couldn't believe her eyes. She reached down and pulled out a deep purple nightie from the box. She held it out in front of her, it was so beautiful and all lacy just how she liked them. 'How did he know my size?' she thought to herself. She went to lay it back down, and spied a small black box along with a note. Celeste caught her breath, “ ohhh” she gasped. She picked up the box and began slowly opening it. Inside she saw a delicate looking silver ring with a diamond. Again she gasped as she started to take the ring out. But decided to read the note first.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

My dearest Celeste,

 

I love you! How come we didn't meet each other sooner. Yet we found each other now.... I never want to be without you. Something had been missing in my life- until now! You accept me as I am, unlike someone else I know. But I don't want to bring her into our life, even though I 'm afraid she is for now...... it's going to take time to rectify this issue. And it's my problem, I will do my best to keep you out of it.

But on to us..... and the gifts I have given to you! The nightie I want you to wear when I come over this week. Although you could be wearing a potato sack and still be beautiful to me....I love you! The ring, if you accept it is........ is a promise to you that I want to be with you! I know it might take some time, how long I really don't know. Just be patient for now, and I will try and see you when I can. But Celeste, my love no matter where I am, you are on my mind.

 

I want to leave these three words with you and wish I could press my lips on yours.... Celeste, I love you!

 

 

All my love,

your Johnnie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Celeste laid the the letter down and picked up the ring. It wasn't much but it was from the man she loved. As she took it out of the box, she paused to look at it again. Tears of happiness streamed down her face as she placed the ring on her hand. It was a perfect fit! “ But how, how did you know my size Johnnie?” Celeste said quietly. She began to smile while she held out her hand.

 

 

The sun was coming in through the window catching the ring, and its brillianceshown throughout the room. Again Celeste began to cry, saying

Oh Johnnie, I love you too!”

 

She wanted to feel him in her arms, holding her, caressing her. Celeste took a deep breath as she began to think about Johnnie kissing and making love to her. Feeling them share in the most intimate way a couple could. Again she yelled out, “ oh Johnnie I love you!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                                                            Chapter 5

 

                                                           The Dilemna

 

 

Celeste began to wonder 'should wear the ring all the time? I don't want to bring suspicious remarks from my co-workers. Maybe I will just wear it while I am at home.... yes that would be best!'

 

 

 

Possible ending to this story!

 

Day after day Celeste got up went to work, and never thought of anything going wrong. Then the first Friday came, and no Johnnie... yet she didn't think anything about it. Figuring he had trouble at home, she passed it off as an unforeseen occurance. Then one day while shopping in the local store she noticed that she never saw Johnnie. Finally she got the courage to ask Donna, the new cashier if she knew what had happened to the delivery man.

 

Replying matter of fact, “ oh I heard they had to move suddenly.”

 

I calmly said, “Now that's a shame, who are they going to get to deliver the groceries from here?

 

She shrugged her shoulders, then said “ dunno, guess no one.”

 

Then she handed me my change and receipt, stuffed them in my purse, and started to walk away.

 

Donna yelled, “ Hey lady, you forgot your groceries.”

 

So I turned back grabbed my purchases, and mindlessly walked out of the store.

 

I couldn't believe he up and left me like this, then I started to think that maybe it wasn't his fault. Something could have happened that caused them to have to leave suddenly. I slowly walked back home, and after getting there I put my groceries away. Then went to retrieve the ring Johnnie had given to me to show that he indeed did love me. As I sat on my bed, the one where we had made love not to long ago I thought about whether or not he was thinking of me. From then on I would always wonder why and what happened, more importantly where was Johnnie?

 

Life would not be the same, as he filled a place in my heart that was left empty for so long. I felt tears running down my face as I thought of how sweet and kind he was; how am I going to cope with this gaping hole in my life? Time, it's going to take time to get over this, and to be happy again. My life would forever be changed after losing this wonderful man too. I didn't feel like eating, but Chelsea came into the room and jumped on the bed then started to nuzzle my face. So I began to pet her back, somehow she sensed my sadness and began to purr. I set her on my lap continuing to stroke her black fur, it was as shiny as the diamond Johnnie gave to me and I began to cry more. Chelsea started to purr louder, and that got me to be thinking that I couldn't do much about the situation. Looking down at my beautiful, faithful cat I thought ' once again, it's just you and me or me and you as always.'

 

The days went by, and I tried to act as normal as possible but it was not easy. I ended up hardly talking to anyone, only going to the store when I really needed something. Just living each day as if I couldn't go on, then one day I received a letter in the mail. There was nothing on it, just my address and I was afraid to open it. I didn't know where it was from, or who sent it and for all I knew it could have been from his wife or heaven forbid Tim begging me to take him back! I decided to have a cup of tea and think about whether to open this mysterious letter.

 

I set the envelope on the dining room table, and walked to the stove to turn the fire on. Then refilled the teapot with some cold water, then set it on the stove to heat up. I grabbed a cup out of the cupboard and a teabag, then waited for the water to get hot. After the water was ready, I proceeded to make a cup of tea and let it steep for a few minutes. I mindlessly went about this in a robotic motion, as I thought about the envelope sitting in front of me. After fixing my tea, I took a couple of sips as it began to cool down, then took a deep breath and picked up the letter. I turned it over and over, as if something on it would tell me who it came from... but nothing. Slowly opening the envelope, I took out the folded paper and began to read the letter.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Oh my Darling Celeste,

 

I miss you with all my heart, and a day doesn't go by that you aren't in my thoughts. My wife still doesn't know about us thankfully, who knows what would happen if she did. Let me explain what had happened, even though you are probably angry at me still. What occurred could not be helped or postponed either. First I was about to tell her that I wanted a divorce, but my family called saying my Grandma was very ill and wouldn't be expected to live very long. So we hurriedly went to her side, staying until the end; then the strain took its toll on my mother and my wife nursed her until she was better. Just as we started to head back your way, her father came down with cancer and here we are to stay until things change.

 

I don't sleep with my wife anymore, but long for your loving arms and warm body. But for now I do hope you forgive me for not showing up on that Friday evening, yet as you can see it couldn't be helped. Maybe this is God's way of sparing us all for not being good Christians, who knows. I could kick myself in the rear for getting involved, and not sticking to my vows. But I don't love my wife, and haven't for a very long time. I do love you with all my heart, and will never forget our nights together.( even though they were short) I find myself torn between a rock and a hard place, because I want nothing more than to be back in your arms and bed. Only life has thrown us a curve ball, especially now that her father has taken ill. Although at this point we don't know if he will survive, but she is devoted to him and said she wont leave him. And I am stuck doing the work on the farm, tending the cows, horses, and other things he used to do.

 

 

I can't tell you where I am at, just I hope you forgive me and keep the ring close to you and me in your heart. It's one of those unforeseen occurrences that Good Book always spoke about happening. I don't regret the things we have done, or planned to do for our future either. I just wanted you to know how sorry I am, and why I, we had to leave so suddenly.

 

Forever yours,

 

Johnnie

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

As I put the letter down, I breathed a sigh of relief from knowing that he would always love me. And yes I do forgive him for leaving, and now I know it wasn't his fault... just one of those things. I returned the letter to the envelope and held it to my chest, noticing I had left the ring he'd given to me on my hand. Looking at it made me smile, and feel a sense of happiness all over again. Because deep down I knew that we would be together when all this terrible mess was over. I am sure he is thinking the same things, even though it would take some time. I finished my cup of tea, as Chelsea walked over and started to purr and act like she was hungry.

 

I stood up and began to think 'Life goes on, good or bad!'

 

Imprint

Publication Date: 07-03-2016

All Rights Reserved

Dedication:
This is for all the women who seem to fall for the right guy at the wrong time!

Next Page
Page 1 /